I noticed that a few months ago, WordPress made an attempt to pull funds from my credit card regarding a payment for my hosting. Becuase I changed my credit card changed, they were not able to pull. Fleurdecurl.com did not work for almost 3 months and I had no idea until yesterday. This was the moment when I realized that I hadn’t blogged in a while. My life has been so busy for the past few months. I’ve made a lot of changes in the progression of my career, I’ve been doing well in school and I’ve made a lot of new friends who have been taking a lot of my time. I’ve also decided to grow my hair out and have been wearing it in a wash and go for the past few months as well. The Fleurdecurl.com Facebook and Instagram pages are still active and now the blog is back in stride again.
I guess I ought to tell you what’s been going on with me:
- I’m a school teacher now. This is the most exciting news that I have for you. This July, I was offered a job to teach 5th and 6th graders at a local private/Christian school. I accepted this offer because I’ve been an undercover educator my whole life. There were a few things that did not make it official for me back then, but when I received the offer, I decided to take advantage of this opportunity because I feel that this opportunity was ordained for my life. I’m actually three weeks in and I enjoy my job. I wake up in the morning ready to go to work and I want to give my students everything that I received from my best educators and then some. I’ve been working really hard to take care of my students and I will go into detail more about these ventures in future blogs.
2. I am doing well in graduate school.I’ve completed a year of my MLIS degree. I am enjoying the curriculum, instructors and my fellow students as well. I’ve actually closed out a year of study with a 3.9 GPA. I’ve made all As in my classes, but because I made an A- in one of the classes, it dropped my GPA to a 3.9 because of the quality points system that my University participates in. I’ve been invited to join an honors society but declined because of my time restraints. Hopefully, I obtain the scholarships that I applied to in the Spring. I will keep you guys posted on if I obtain some of these scholarships or not.
3. I was offered a part-time job at the Public Library. I am still working on this and have accepted the offer. Since this is a city job, I have to go through a rigorous background and health check so I will keep you posted on what’s going on with this offer.
4. I’m growing out my hair. I did not have time to drive to New Iberia every other Saturday to keep my short hair short. I decided to grow out my hair to a certain length. I am not growing it long like it was before though because I do not want to worry about the constant maintenance of twisting and detangling. I have an afro puff now and will take pictures for you. This afro puff is definitely a throw back to 2010 when I first big chopped.
5. I haven’t forgotten about y’all. Leaving a job that you worked for 12 years took a lot of time out of my schedule, on top of the other things that I’ve been working on. I have not forgotten about my subscribers and I am excited just to say that you guys are still with me. I am thinking about covering the Baton Rouge Natural Hair Expo in November and if I do, you know I will have a giveaway in store for you guys. I am also working on another one of September to “Welcome Myself” back to the blog. LOL. Stay tuned.
Until Next Time,
BTW, I love the Chucks. I am currently building my Chuck collection. LOL.